Naval General Service Medal NGSM 1915-1962 GVI Full Size
Awarded to Royal Navy and Royal Marine personnel for a particular campaign, denoted by the clasp, during the reign of George VI, 1936 – 1952.
Date: 1915 – 1962
Branch of Service: Royal Navy
Awarded to personnel for particular operations for which no separate campaign medal was awarded.
Clasps are always awarded with this medal. More than one clasp can be worn.
This particular medal has George GVI crown, denoting the award was made during his reign. Please see the Elizabeth II version for those awarded after 1952.
Campaigns: Naval actions 1915 to 1962.
Ribbon: White with broad crimson edges and two narrow crimson stripes towards the centre.
Original Metal: Silver.
Description: (Obverse) effigy of the reigning monarch (see below). (Reverse) Britannia and two seahorses
travelling through the sea.
- Palestine 1936 – 1939
- SE Asia 1945 – 1946
- Mine Sweeping 1945 – 1951
- Palestine 1945 – 1948
- Yangtze 1949
- Bomb & Mine Clearance 1945 – 1953
- For clasps not listed, please contact us
- Mention in Despatches (MiD) bronze oak leaf (post 1920)
- King’s Commendation for Brave Conduct
- King’s Commendation for Valuable Service in the Air
There are no reviews yet.