Iraq Medal Miniature
Campaign: Operation TELIC (the Iraq War).
Branch of Service: All military and civilian personnel, including embedded media, involved in the operations for the liberation of Iraq and the overthrow of Saddam Hussein.
Ribbon: Central narrow stripes of black, white and red (symbolising the Iraq national flag) flanked by broad sand-coloured edges.
Description: (Obverse) crowned effigy of Queen Elizabeth; (reverse) image of a Lamassu (ancient Assyrian statue) over the word IRAQ.
- 19 Mar to 28 Apr 2003 (denoting actual combat from March 19, 2003).
- A silver rosette is worn on the ribbon alone.
- Mention in Despatches (MiD) single silver oak leaf
- Queen’s Commendation for Bravery (QCB) Silver spray of laurel leaves
- Queen’s Commendation for Bravery in the Air (QCBA) Silver eagle
- Queen’s Commendation for Valuable Service (QCVS) Silver spray of oak leaves